User Experience Architect and Product Designer
2017 - Present
• Sole Product Designer, Information Architect and Interaction Designer for flag-ship, consumer-facing, transactional, informational, and marketing native mobile (iOS and Android) application that has the potential to reach 20 million members, with over 100,000 unique visitors each month.
The app on the Apple Store. // The app on the Google Play Store
• Pushes best-in-class user experience, upfront problem definition, and discovery research before work begins.
• Delivers artifacts necessary to contribute to a robust Agile development cycle, including annotated sketches, low fidelity comps/wireframes, user and transaction flows, site maps, prototypes and navigation models and follows cycle through of concept to delivery.
• Collaborates with leading design agencies, user-research firms and teams across the organization to focus on integrating best practices in usability, analytics, accessibility, responsive design, social media marketing, cross-platform strategy and Agile development.
• Develops high-level and/or detailed user scenarios, wireframes and prototypes to effectively communicate design ideas and leads at least one immersive user research, concept test, and/or usability test per month to assist in iterative design process and continual improvements.
• Participates in development of user personas to focus design efforts on the needs of key users.
User Experience Designer
Big Ass Solutions
2015 - 2017
• Operated as UX team of one.
• Cited for innovative research methods utterances in Amazon Developer's article directly related to my work developing Alexa utterances for fan control.
• Conducted contextual interviews around the country as research for product and feature design. Used knowledge gained about customers to create and distribute user personas.
• Researched competitors and created heuristic reviews of customer facing products for evaluation by colleagues and decision makers.
• Underwent iterative experience design process for physical product, packaging, documentation, web, and mobile applications; including industrial design, interface design, interaction design, information architecture, and general customer experience.
• Adhered to and applied both marketing and OS specific guidelines for mobile app design; including iOS Human Interface and Google Material Design guidelines.
• Maintained high velocity in agile development process.
• Leaded user testing and ran participatory design workshops with internal and external participants. Made recommendations based on tests/workshops which led to a better overall product and more satisfied users.
Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts
• Redesigned and updated out of date print and web material with Drupal while adhering to marketing and branding guidelines. -- increased attendance at events and increased web traffic.
• Collected and analyzed data for restructuring of advertising strategies -- led to improved attendance at events.
• Engaged public for interviews, ideas, and marketing materials.
Georgia Institute of Technology
2014 - 2015
• Designed print and web material while adhering to marketing and branding guidelines. -- led to an increase in attendance of >50% at events compared to the prior year.
• Organizational duties, project management, and correspondence with appropriate parties in relation to event and conference planning.
• Gathering, synthesis, writing, and research as needed.
The Mysterious Package Company
• Created transmedia puzzles for both individuals and groups.
• Developed framework for integrating puzzles into subscription package, and Curio products.
• Developed stories and concepts.
• Went beyond my duties and assisted in taking meeting minutes and general project management -- led to greater overall progress and closer adherence to deadlines.
• Check out their website and become a member at https://www.mysteriouspackage.com/